During a recent trip on a friends boat, we started at this rather beautiful, if not terrifying aqueduct.
Looking back towards Llangollen, the sun started to set and we admired the lovely view back along the aqueduct path. On the other side is just metal holding all the water and boats in the canal.
Built by Thomas Telford and opened in 1805, the bridge stands 126 foot above the valley of the River Dee. Doesn’t sound too high, but it felt like a long way down!